- Milk- 2 ltrs
- Khova- 500 gm
- Sugar- 400 gm
- Bottle gourd- 1 (medium sized)
- Sago- 50 gm
- Almonds- few
- Pistachio- few
- Green edible color- 4 pinch
- Add 1 glass water and green color to sugar and bring it to boil. Keep this aside, this is your sugar syrup.
- Add a cup of water to khova and cook. Keep stirring at the same time, see to it that it doesn’t stick to the base of vessel.
- Now add sugar syrup to this, boil it for 2 mins and keep it aside.
- Add water to sago and cook this until sago becomes tender. Keep this aside.
- Grate bottle gourd.
- Boil milk and add grated gourd and leave on low flame for 30 mins so that gourd becomes tender.
- Now to the milk add khova sugar mix and sago. Boil it for 10 mins.
- Kaddu ki kheer is ready. Garnish it with almonds and pistachio.
- Refrigerate it and serve cool.