1. Milk- 2 ltrs
2. Khova- 500 gm
3. Sugar- 400 gm
4. Bottle gourd- 1 (small sized)
5. Rice- 25 gm
6. Almonds- few
7. Pistachio- few
8. Green edible color- 2 pinch
- Add 1 glass water and green color to sugar and bring it to boil. Keep this aside, this is your sugar syrup.
- Add a cup of water to khova and cook. Keep stirring at the same time, see to it that it doesn’t stick to the base of vessel.
- Now add sugar syrup to this, boil it for 2 mins and keep it aside.
- Soak rice for 2 hrs and grind. Keep it aside.
- Grate bottle gourd.
- Boil milk and add grated gourd and leave on low flame for 30 mins so that gourd becomes tender.
- Then add rice paste to milk and cook for 5 mins.
- Now to the milk add khova sugar mix. Boil it for 5 mins.
- Kaddu ki kheer is ready. Garnish it with almonds and pistachio.
- Refrigerate it and serve cool.